Custom Search
The Tale of Your Life: A Tribute to Christopher Nolan

Where you understand life-changing meaning through other people's experience.

Friday, September 5, 2008

A Tribute to Christopher Nolan

Someone asks me, inconceivably, why I like “The Dark Knight”? I even recall another person told me that he fall asleep watching it. Both of these men are successful person in their own field, at least better than me. Their ages are also near to Christopher Nolan. These are the cases that require our keen choice of who to look up with. Which side should we stand? Some of you reading this may think what is the importance of this question? I think how you choose your side will determine how far you will go. Both these men are local businessman and stock broker. They should stay ahead if they want their business to go far. I believe that what a person thinks now will greatly affect his future. Meanwhile, I also believe that a person, who can catch up with The Dark Knight, while the movie is playing, will not say it is boring. It only gives a conclusion that both these successful person cannot keep up with the changing world. How far can these two men go? I can only predict. I personally think they will not go far, at least as far as Christopher Nolan which got the second place in the most profitable blockbuster (for The Dark Knight).

Back to the question why I like The Dark Knight? It is a perfect blend of current issue and entertainment in the content of the film, other than the marvelous acting in Heath Ledger’s Joker. It has been years that a sellable film illuminates current issue. Critiques said that The Joker is “Osama bin Laden” in the film world. I unfalteringly agree with that. Terrorist is causing the world to change. Look at the US, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and even a small country like Malaysia (which its citizen cannot stand the corruption in their government anymore). The Dark Knight is just an exaggerated version of the situation. The citizen eager for a change, hoping for some one like “Harvey Dent” stepping out to lead them, clean the streets and giving their future a hope of justice. Batman is the dream of anyone trying to help and Joker is the nightmare even for the criminals. No one wants to hire someone like Joker to make way for their work, for he only makes it worst. Very clever for Christopher Nolan to put in a character like that as an effect of the bad guy.
I think it is the revolution of the film industry. All the while, sellable films do not highlight current issue while issue films seldom sellable. This time, I would like to say in the history, Christopher Nolan and his team have done it. I believe that films in the future will follow this trend, which is a good news and great idea. This mean profitable films in the future will not be only to stimulate adrenaline but as educate as well. Here, I pay a tribute to Christopher Nolan and his team.

0 wise person said:

 
Custom Search